(December 1, 2010)
Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP) will shortly be opening a liaison office in Dhaka, Bangladesh and will be looking to hire a full time office director. Details of the position are as follows:
Position Description: Director of WRAP Bangladesh Liaison Office
Responsible for the organization and management of the operations of WRAP’s Liaison Office in Dhaka.
Education: Undergraduate degree in a related business discipline; knowledge of marketing, accounting, HR, data and administrative management practices and procedures. Post-graduate degree preferred.
- Liaise with WRAP HQ on developing marketing plans and forecasts for Bangladesh
- Establish and implement necessary policies and procedures for efficient functioning of office
- Maintain office records and all relevant legal and administrative documentation
- Hire, train and manage required additional staff
- Prepare and present regular progress reports to home office
- Collaborate with WRAP partners and stakeholders in the region (monitoring firms, brands, buyers, trade and other associations, etc.)
- Conduct awareness seminars for buyers’ representatives and factory owners/managers
- Represent WRAP at relevant conferences and trade shows
- Any other duties as required
Solid understanding of social and environmental compliance and certification programs plus understanding of relevant ISO standards. Five plus years experience in management/administrative role with proven record of development and execution of marketing plans.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their CV or resume (in confidence) with salary expectations to Mr. Avedis H. Seferian, Director of Compliance Administration (